Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book Theme Shower...Read All About It!

WARNING: LONG POST LOTS OF PICS!!!!
My boss and wonderful friend, Stacy Reeves, is getting married this summer!  We have been dreaming and planning every detail of her wedding for years now, and now it is finally here!  As Matron of Honor, it was my privalage to throw Stacy the shower/bachelorette party that she dreamed of.  Stacy is the type of friend that will drop everything to help you.  There is not anything that I ask of her, that she won't do.  So, when the day came that I got to honor and celebrate her, there was no question that it had to be amazing.  After much deliberation, I decided to throw her a book themed shower.  Every guest would bring the bride a different type of book.  This is where I got the inspiration for the decorations as well.

The day started at Farina's Winery and Cafe in Grapevine, Texas.  I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue.  They had two beautiful private rooms for us to choose from, their staff was extremely warm and helpful, and on top of all this the food and wine was to die for!!!! If you are ever in Grapevine, Texas, make sure to stop in!  After lunch, we went to a spa for some much needed relaxation.  We ended the day at Painting with a Twist.  Here, we enjoyed wine and painting, as our private painting instructor taught us how to create a masterpiece. 

I think I could get used to this shower planning and decorating!
A book page wreath, and a home made welcome sign made with a canvas, vintage book pages, and vintage sight reading cards found at a local antique mall

I loved grabbing little things from around mine and my mom's house to use as decorations.  Mom and I took simple things like books with covers ripped off, mason jars, and battery operated candles and wrapped them with lace to give them a soft vintage look.

A burlap penant for the brides chair, and the girl's favors which were simple canvas bags with lace and fabric tied to the handle.  There was an envelope made of a book page that hung from the fabric to show the girls names and hold a special surprise.  Each bag contained a framed image printed on a vintage book page.  Some of the images consisted of a vintage camera, keys, a woman's silhouette, antique silverware, a bicycle, and a chandelier (each was carefully chosen to fit the girls' personality)


The bride's place setting




Farina's room was spectacular!  The swag in the back was made with different fabrics cut into strips.
The beautiful bride and myself
This was my gift to the bride and groom.  I made this customized sign that displayed different sayings and dates that were special to the couple.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jena! You totally out did yourself! This was gorgeous and I'm so sad I missed the fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments or suggestions. Comments make my day!