Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break 2011! WOO HOO!

The family and I decided to take a quick trip to Tunica, Mississippi over the break.  We had a great time!  We stopped at some hole in the wall eateries, I learned how to play black jack (and fell in love!), and we visited Graceland.  Here are some photos from our trip.  

Tips for trips to Tunica Mississippi and Memphis Tennessee
#1 Don't expect beautiful scenery, there just isn't any 

#2 If you are a teacher, fire fighter, or AAA member bring proof to Graceland (Teachers get in free....information I wish I would have known prior to paying 35$ while my Red Oak ID sat 100 yards away in the car)

#3 If you want to visit Gibson Guitar Center make reservations!!!!! They have limited tours.

#4 Wear stretchy pants because the food is unbelievable and unbelievably unhealthy!  You will surely gain a bit unless you have super will power (which I do not when it comes to food!)

#5 Try the hoe cakes at Paula Deen's buffet...yep that's what I said! Paula knows hoe cakes! I personally had never heard of them prior to, but they are amazing.  They are a mix between a pancake and cornbread...good with dinner and even better as dessert.

#5 Make sure to take a wonderful husband, great parents, and your favorite brother and seester along! They will make every moment enjoyable!

     A pizza joint in Arkansas
 My favorite people in front of Station 8 of Arkansas

  Great little cafe in old town Tunica....try the fried chicken!

This is the reason you need the stretchy pants!!!!! Paula's buffet! Here is where you find the hoe cakes! Paula when you read today's blog post (and I am sure you are a follower of mine) I suggest the hoe cakes with ice cream on top....it is magical!

1 comment:

I would love to hear your comments or suggestions. Comments make my day!