Friday, February 4, 2011

Make those containers cute!

So, I've always had a love for containers. When I empty a peanut butter container, trail mix tub, clorox wipes holder, I never want to throw it away.  Today, I actually found a way to make my old container cute!  I made this one with the intention of giving it to my sister in law for her baby room (she is due in August!!!).  By August, she will have so much junk from Aunt Jena that there won't be room for that sweet little baby!

Here is what I used (project cost $0 by the way)
...and here is what you get when you add them together (sorry no pics of the painted lid...cold weather is keeping it from drying)
It was super easy!
Here is what you do:
1.  Eat a tub of peanut butter (I prefer to do this with bananas and dried cranberries...oh yeah and honey)
2.  Clean the tub of PB (or whatever container you choose) with hot water and soap
3.  Choose a design and vinyl to cut out with your Silhouette machine (I used black vinyl and this cute little owl )
4.  Place your vinyl cut out on the outside of the container
5.  Cut a piece of scrapbook paper and slip it inside the container for a cute backdrop to your image.
6.  Spray paint your lid to the desired color (sorry no pictures of this)
7.  Your done! Yes, it's that easy!

3 comments:

  1. I am just proud that this is like the first project that I didn't rip off from someone else! Well, besides my rosette lamp, but still I'm usually a stealer! Thanks pear's nest (I'm perplexed on whether to call you that or your real name...let me know). I always look forward to your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa...You can call me by my name. It's not a secret identity or anything. :) It's the name of my blog and my google account automatically lists it as my screen name. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments or suggestions. Comments make my day!