Saturday, February 5, 2011

Baby Rhino....Baby Rhinoette

As mentioned in my previous post, I am going to be an aunt in August! I am constantly coming up with ideas of things to make for this sweet little addition to our family.  I am a bit limited right now, because we don't know if it is going to be a Rhino or a Rhinoette (their last name is Rhine, as mine used to be, and we've always been nicknamed rhino).  So, here are some things I have come up with so far.


Here is one change I thought I could make if it is a little Rhinoette....and a tutu of course!

Here's how I did it:
1. Cut out images onto freezer paper using my silhouetter machine
2. Iron the stencil onto the shirt
3. Put foil inside the shirt to keep the paint from bleeding through
4.  Dab on layers of fabric paint until desired thickness and textured
5.  Let dry and remove freezer paper
 Thanks to Shanna at The Pears Nest for teaching me how to do these! I don't think she has this tutorial on there, but still go check out her site...she is AMAZING!!!






1 comment:

I would love to hear your comments or suggestions. Comments make my day!