Sunday, February 20, 2011

Team Miller takes on a Garden

I have planned on putting in a garden for the last 3 years, and we finally started ours today!  I want a garden because I love eating veggies, and I want to save money.  I also kind of enjoy picking weeds...but we will see how long that lasts!  The thought of growing my own food makes me excited! I have not had good luck with indoor plants, so I hope that with the advice from my mother in law and my grandfather a.k.a Papaw I can come up with some edible produce.  Today was my first time to use a tiller.  It was a bit of a rough ride, but I enjoy outdoor projects and had fun with it.  Check out our joint efforts to till the area.  We will be adding fertilizer and more soil later.


The puppies were supervising.
This is Ranger....he is fast, he is crazy, he is CRAZY FAST!


This is Dixie. She is like a human in dog form.  No seriously. P.S. She is a DRAMA QUEEN!

Step 1 is now complete!

Just taking a moment to enjoy where I live! I love it!


At the beginning of this school year I promised I would make the time to do the things I love.  I have done more craft projects, taken more weekend shopping trips, and done more to my house than I have in the last three years combined.  Am I always running like a crazy woman....yes! Is it worth every minute...YES! I encourage you to challenge yourself.  Are you making time to do what you love? 

Leave a comment and tell me what you wish you had more time to do...then make time to do it!


2 comments:

  1. Go girl! How fun.
    That last photo makes me want to sip some simply sweet tea on your back porch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a big garden. I was just talking to my husband last week about creating a small garden for berries and herbs. I have no idea what I am doing, but hopefully I will figure it out. ---Jennifer Couey

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments or suggestions. Comments make my day!