Monday, July 11, 2011

This is how we STROLL!

     The long awaited baby shower for my sweet niece Mattie Ann Rhine was this weekend.  My sister-in-laws brother and sister-in-law are also expecting in September (a sweet little boy), so we decided to throw a double shower.  Deciding on a theme was a challenge ,considering we had both a girl and boy.  "Our Little Sunshine" was the theme, choosing to use both yellows and greys to cater to both genders.  During the process I pretty much fell in love with the color yellow! 
     There is no one that I rather pamper and go to the ends of the earth for than my brother and seester.  I can not begin to tell you how much I love these two.  My brother and I are closer than ever, and I cherish every moment and conversation we share.  He is the most loving, forgiving, understanding, accepting, non- judgemental person I have ever met, and I am so blessed to call him brother.  He will make the most amazing dad, and I can't wait to watch him lead his family.  Sarah has been such a blessing to our family!  She has brought out the best qualities in Josh and has made our family truly complete.  I could not have picked a more fitting wife for my brother, or a more perfect sister-in-law.  I look forward to watching and learning from Sarah's parenting, this child will definitely be loved!
     We can't wait for little Mattie and Mason to get here! Praying for healthy babies and mommas!

On a side note: I am selling most of this decor as a set for a baby shower or baby's room. Contact me if you are interested.....it sure would make your hosting job easy!



Above: A homemade chalkboard out of a scrap wood piece and chalkboard spray, also a dress form with a homemade tutu


I'm pretty sure every Texas party needs a mason jar somewhere!

These are the sweet vintage girl's dresses I found at a local vintage market...I'm in love!

 I am also in love with the door and bicycle wheels! I think this would be just perfect in a little boys room or nursery! Contact me if you would like me to make you a door for your home....any color and I can add your name or a phrase like "Welcome" etc.
Check out those knobs!!!!

Miniature bunting on the dresser made of scrapbook paper, on the right is the larger bunting I made for the kitchen

 Fabric chandelier hanging from the tent..day and night view




I found the yellow Tupperware at a local thrift store...love a bargain!






Mattie's beautiful mommy and daddy

Sarah's mom made these AWESOME diaper cakes....my favorite parts were the wine bottle hidden in the middle and the bottle topper that had a flickering candle light inside.....Aren't they amazing!
All the mommy and daddy's to be


2 comments:

I would love to hear your comments or suggestions. Comments make my day!